WHAT IS UV-RESISTANT FLOORING?
UV-resistant flooring is formulated to withstand ultra-violet rays (UV rays) that emanate from the sun and some man-made lighting. UV light can cause floors to discolor and fade and over time become brittle and fail. UV-resistant flooring comes in both indoor and outdoor applications, including parking decks.
BENEFITS OF UV-RESISTANT FLOORING
UV-resistant flooring keeps floors looking the way they were intended. Without UV protection, floors exposed to UV light will fade and change colour. Eventually, without UV protection, floors will also break down, so this special formulation will prevent the need for repair and replacement.
Benefit highlights include:
- Maintaining a floor's original colour, especially important in commercial applications (e.g. retail, hospitality)
- Keeping the floor from breaking down under continuous exposure to UV light.
- Preventing financial loss due to shutdowns related to repair or replacement of a failed floor.
Many industries benefit from the installation of UV-resistant flooring.
Recommended industries include:
- Hospitality - pool decks, outdoor bars and patios, lobbies and entryways
- Retail Environments - stores and store fronts, areas near windows
- General Commercial - outdoor public spaces and paths, zoos
- Healthcare - helipads, pedestrian bridges, parking decks, outdoor walkways, lobbies and entryways
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
Our team of Territory Managers, Architectural and Engineering Representatives will assist you in finding the right UV-resistant floor to meet your specific needs. Regardless of your industry or space, Stonhard will install a UV-resistant floor with the look you want (infinite design possibilities and the ability to customize and optimize colors, patterns, and finishes) and the high performance you require.
Recommended products include:
- Stonshield URT - education, healthcare, and retail environments
- Stontec UTF - healthcare, education, labs, process areas, retail, sports & entertainment
- Stongard TM - parking structures, decks, and ramps and heavy pedestrian walkways